I have too many projects going on at the moment, most of them quite far from finishing. So I wanted a small and quick project:
The pattern is "Ribband" by Laura Nelkin. It suggests to use som kind of dental floss device to thread on the beads. I have never seen that, so I used a thin needle and sewing thread, which worked just perfect, as you can see.
The yarn is a multicoloured sock yarn from my stash. My bag of beads contained almost 400 beads, a little less than called for in the pattern.
Here's the finished necklace (I did not have a clasp, so I just joined it by sewing).
I've already bought more beads... maybe another Ribband, or maybe the next pattern from Laura Nelkin's collection "Adorn".