generated by sloganizer.net

11. januar 2009

Norah Gaughan in Norway?


I just finished my first Norah Gaughan pattern, Bonsai tunic, from Interweave Knit Spring 2007.



I made som mods: Using another yarn (Kauni... surprise, surprise...), my gauge was little looser than called for (18 vs 20). I did some calculation, and found that if I made the smallest size, it would be appr. a 38”, which would be my size. I knitted in the round, both because I hate the seaming, and because of the color changes. So - there was a lot to think of at the same time, decreases, increases, more decreases, lace pattern etc. I should have made a chart and noted everything. Next time... So far, I have not made the belt - don't think I will.

It's a lovely pattern, and I hope not my last Norah Gaughan project. Flower Child (ravelink) in the Berroco pamphlet Norah Gaughan volume 4 is beautiful, with what seems to be an interestning constuction. Her Loppem is also in my queue.


But where do I find the patterns??


Berroco don't ship outside USA and Canada. I found a shop that would, but international shipping would cost 25 $. Then I found an online shop in the UK - but they only send to addresses in the UK.

Anybody who knows how to get these patterns in Norway??

8 kommentarer:

Pinneguri sa...

Du er flink til å modifisere. Den ble veldig vakker :)

AnnetteK sa...

Så lekker den ble. Spennende farge på garnet også.
Gleder meg til å se Babetten din ;)

http://annettek.net

Yarndancer sa...

Sorry, I don't know where to get the book in Norway. I've been looking for it myself! Can you please let me know the name of the UK online store? I couldn't find any that stocked the book when I looked!

torirot sa...

I found it in this shop: http://www.loopshop.gb.com/

Knits Must sa...

You could get it from yarnandfiber.com. I've bought from them - they ship worldwide and their shipping charges are reasonable

torirot sa...

Thank you, Knits Must! Ordered yesterday!

gletting sa...

Jeg liker Norah Gs oppskrifter veldig godt. Tanum på Karl Johan bestiller bøker fra utlandet. Jeg bestilte der før jeg oppdaget Amazon.com og Interweave Press og de andre store kjente. Bøkene blir billigere enn Tanum hvis du kan bestille dem selv. Jeg tror det er dyrere å bestille fra UK enn USA. Portoen bla. er dyrere, virker det som.

Vesten din er veldig fin. Jeg er bare 153 cm høy og normalt bred for å si det sånn, så jeg må alltid regne om. En liten prøvelapp og en formel må til, og da regner jeg om alle mål hvis jeg ikke kan bruke en av de størrelsene som står i oppskriften.

torirot sa...

Jeg prøvde å bestille fra UK igår, faktisk, men såvidt jeg skjønner, er det en egen porto innen EU, som var på litt over 3 pund, mens Norge regnes som resten av verden, med porto på 10 pund. Så da er det nok billigere å bestille fra USA, ja, som ikke bryr seg med slike detaljer...

Related Posts with Thumbnails