generated by sloganizer.net

4. desember 2012

✿ 4 ✿ And now something crafty ✿

Christmas necklace

A couple of weeks ago, I went to cut my hair, and the hair dresser had this cool necklace. I looked like it was macraméed or crocheted. I didn't get a close enough look, nor did I feel I could photograph it. I complemented her on it, and could of course have asked to take a photo. Anyway, it was black and silver, made of joined circles, like these traditional Christmas decorations (see here).

So I figured, it must be easy to make something similar.


Here's how I did it:

I used to strands of yarn held together, one red, mostly cotton, the other gold, I guess light fingering yarn. Hook 3,5 mm.

First circle:
Chain 20, join with a slip st.
Ch 2, work 1 hdc in each ch, end with a sl st in 2nd ch. Cut yarn.

Next cirles
Chain 20, put chain through previous circle,  join with a slip st.
Ch 2, work 1 hdc in each ch, end with a sl st in 2nd ch. Cut yarn.

Last circle

Chain 20, put chain through previous circle and first circle,  join with a slip st.
Ch 2, work 1 hdc in each ch, end with a sl st in 2nd ch. Cut yarn.

There are some ends to weave in. I hid the first end in the hdc (crocheting over them, sort of), but for the other end, there's no such easy solution, I believe.

You can of course use other colours, to make it less christmasy.

0 kommentarer:

Related Posts with Thumbnails