December 17, 2012

✿ 17 ✿ Granny's granny square blanket ✿


This blanket was made by my grandmother 
and given to my parents at some point. 
I remember we used to have it at home. 



A while ago my mother gave it to me. 
Or rather, she said I could have it if I mended it. 
You can see a seam defect in the upper photo (bottom right).
There were several holes like that, 
and also a couple of squares that hat to be partly re-corcheted.



Which I did the other day!
And voilà!
Isn't it a beauty?
I think my mother will be glad to see it in or sofa 
when she comes for Christmas.

2 kommentarer:

rett og vrang said...

Heldige du! Klenodier er fint å ta vare på. Jeg har et vevd ullteppe som ble brukt til dåpen i mors familie. Det er fra ca 1900. Det har jeg ikke våga å ha framme en gang! Synnøvehilsen

Flowermouse Design said...

That is so beautiful!! And it is so nice to read that such great work is being taking care of!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails