generated by sloganizer.net

7. november 2009

Ready for a green winter


And a white one, I hope...

Droplet hat from Norah Gaughan's book Knitting Nature.

I searched for projects on Ravelry when making this hat. And found Tora's post about it. I totally agree with her that there's no reason what so ever to work this hat flat. (Unless you don't find a suitable circular needle and want to start knitting straight away, like i did.) And like her, I had to add more rows to make it fit, at least ten more rows.



About the book: Coming from a family of mathematicians and phycisists, I enjoyed reading about how she has been inspired by math and geometrical and fractal figures from nature. I read all the chapter introductions with interest (I often skip them in knitting books). Except for the Droplet hat, there were no patterns that I immediately wanted to make, but there are elements I might use later, and maybe a cardigan or a sweater somewhere in the future.

The yarn is Kilcarra Aran Tweed, bought from Koolkitten destashing. I had almost two skeins left from my Loppem, also by Norah Gaughan.


Owl mittens, "Give a Hoot", free pattern by Jocelyn Tunney fom Kelbourne Woolens.

A nice and quick project. My gauge was too tight, and I had to make them longer and block them quite a lot to make them fit not too tightly. So they're not my warmest mittens, but very cute, I think. The black and white buttons were just coincidence, I only found four buttons in my stash that were small enough.

2 kommentarer:

Elios sa...

What a lovely shade of green! Nice projects.

Judith sa...

Dette var et grønt og skjønt sett! Sånn lue vil jeg også ha!
Og jeg ser du har strikket mye annet fint i grønt også!

Related Posts with Thumbnails